what it will cost
On this page you can find out how much it will cost to instruct Christie Solicitors to prepare a Lasting Power of Attorney using the services offered on this website
our fee structure
Prparing Lasting Powers of Attorney properly after giving detailed advice, then dealing with Certificate Providers, serving Notice of Intended Registration and registering the documents with the Office of the Public Guardian is a time consuming and quite lengthy process. As we deal with all of these stages for our clients our charges for preparing an LPA are more than, for example, than making a straightforward will - simply a reflection of the time we spend.
Having said that our fees remain competative and currently are, as follows:
£340 for a single Lasting Power of Attorney
£240 for a second or subsequent LPA made at the same time in similar circumstances - e.g where an individual makes LPA's of both types appointimg the same attorneys or a couple both make a similar LPA
(in just a few cases these charges may vary if there are additional complications - e.g parties outside the UK or capacity issues - if this is the case we will always tell you before proceeding)
A registration fee of £130 is payable to the Office of the Public Guardian for each LPA. We will collect this from you and pay the fee on your behalf when we apply for registration. VAT applies to all our fees and we will ask you to pay them just before we send your completed documents for signature.
our service includes:
- taking your detailed instructions
- giving all of the advice and guidance that you may need
- preparing a draft of each LPA document and submitting it to you for approval
- discussing the draft with you and making any amendments and corrections which may be required
- preparing the final version and sending ot to you for signature
- arranging for Certificate Providers to complete the LPA after you have signed it
- giving Notice of Intended Registration where appropriate
- registering your LPA at the Office of the Public Guardian
- either sending you the original LPA after registration or storing the document for you without charge - if we store your LPA we will provide a solicitor certified copy which in most circumstances can be used just like the original document - if you require further certified copies at a later stage we will make a small charge
This site is dedicated to the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney. To see what other legal services we provide and how we might be able to help you or your business please visit our principal website by clicking here
Any questions about our services?
Contact us on +44 (0) 1507 617716 or directly via our contact form.